Thursday, January 22, 2009

New friends . . . of friends . . . of friends . . .

I can now say I have friends in Chattanooga. One of my oldest and dearest friends in Minnesota is Mary Malone. We have know each other for about 25 years. When she found out I was in Tennessee she prompted me via many emails to stop and visit her friend Gail. That is not something I would normally do. How and why would you call a stranger and say," Hi, I am a friend of your friends and she wants us to meet". A bit awkward, right? Well, Ms. Mary was prompting Gail to contact me too. I did receive an email invite from Gail and also an invite from a friend of Gail's who is a quilter. Wow! So to make a long story short, I enjoyed a delightful lunch with Beth Burke at a quaint Italian restaurant just up the road from Stone Light Studios. It was authentic Italian food, needless to say awesomely delicious, the owner a recent immigrant from Italy!

I then met Gail Hunter for dinner at a Thai Restaurant in Chattanooga. We could have talked all night. We have much much more in common than just our friend Mary. That's Gail and I pictured below.

I think today I learned that we (all of us) have friends all over the world, we just don't know it yet!

Now off to Knoxville. I'll talk to you tonight.

3 comments:

  1. So true!
    How cool of your friend Mary. It's amazing how people can turn up at the most unexpected times in the unlikeliest of places isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to have some unexpected "girl friend" time! The world really is getting smaller and you never know who is around the corner and will bless our lives.
    Look forward to your return, glad to be able to keep up with you during your adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment posts you two. It's nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for your comments!

Hello again! Over the past several years I've gone through a lot of changes both personal and professional. While I am no longer sell...