No Hiltons, Hyatts, or Hamptons Here!

Yesterday I wound my way through the Ozark National Forest and found my way to this little town called Mountain View, AR. This is a haven for musicians and artists, and even though this is the off season, I found it quite charming.



I had an appointment to visit the quilt shop the next morning at 10:00am and needed to find a place to stay. First I located the quilt shop, it was right on the town square, and then I drove around the square and found a vacancy sign for Pinewood Cabins. I rented this small but very sweet little spot for the night.







If you are into the Bed & Breakfast scene you can have your pick, they come in an assortment of colors in this town. These three are just right off of the town's square.



This is the court house on the square. Starting in April this court house lawn is filled with musicians just a pick'n and a grin'n. Anyone can bring their instrument and join in. There are multiple music festivals plus the Bean Fest which is held the last weekend in October, along with the Great Arkansas Championship Outhouse Race. I heard the place is booked a year in advance for that weekend.


FOODIES: This is the Mexican establishment where I had dinner.


Of course Mexican music accompanied the meal.


Once again I asked the waiter what his favorite meals was and he brought me this fantastic dish with steak, chicken, shrimp and grilled vegetables. It was fabulous!



My booth number in the restaurant was 13 . . .
my room number in the motel was 0 . . .

Good thing I am not superstitious.

Popular Posts