Wine Tasting in St. Augustine

San Sebastian Winery, in one of Henry Flagler’s old East Coast Railway buildings is located just a few blocks from historic downtown. According to historians, this area is the birthplace of American wine, dating back to 1562.

1st a quick tour



2nd a lesson in wine tasting




3rd demos on cork screws


And finally the tasting!


And now I need to thank my Uncle Dale and Aunt Judy for telling me about this place!

What they didn't tell me about was how cool this old town is. St. Augustine claims to be the oldest town in the USA with the oldest house in the USA.


It's like walking the streets in Europe!

Am I the only one that didn't know about this place?


(below) Even the Hampton Inn has the facade of European splendor!


This is my own private little balcony and just
beyond the palm trees is the Atlantic Ocean


See I told you . . .



It's been a long day. Hiking, Horsing around, Forest Fire dodging, Quilt Shop Hopping, Wine Tasting, Town touring, Bookkeeping, Blogging and . . . Now I am going to hit the little orange button, the one that say's "Publish Post", then I am going to make some popcorn in the microwave, open a beer (Smithwicks) and sit out on that sweet little balcony of mine.

See you all tomorrow! Cheers!

; )

Popular Posts