Paducah Kentucky and the National Quilt Museum


Today I visited the National Quilt Museum. I am sure many of you reading this have been here. If you have not and you are ever in Paducah, please don't miss it! I have seen my share of quilt shows. BUT these are the best quilts from quilters all over our lovely planet.

After I paid my $8 to get in, I walked through the doors to the gallery and I stopped dead in my tracks and said out loud, "Oh, My!" I walked a few feet further and stopped utterly stunned. Then I heard a woman behind me say, "WOW" as she walked through the doors. There are no words to explain the level of beauty, creativity and quality workmanship seen here. YOU have to experience it for your selves. Believe me it's worth the trip!

No photography is allowed and so I have no quilt pictures to share. They wouldn't do them justice anyway. Here is a link to the museums website.



Historic downtown Paducah is a treat in it self. Quaint and charming this is a city to spend some time in. An active arts community, with some interesting looking restaurants.


The museum is just across the parking lot from this flood wall.
Beautiful murals adorn the inside of the wall.




It's amazing how much damage that ice storm did to this state.



I hope you are enjoying the ride! Send me a comment I'd love to hear from you.


For Ideas & Inspiration on using Scrap-bags Patterns please visit:

Popular Posts