Monday, July 6, 2009

Bayfield Quilt Company - Bayfield, WI

This shop has relocated since this was posted. Sorry I don't have the new address.


Nestled in the trees on the south side of Hwy 13 as
you are driving toward Bayfield you will find this
gem of a Quilt Shop!


Quilts flutter in the breeze.


And you can thank this woman for creating this
quilting haven, meet Barb Hoekstra a former
attorney from Minneapolis/St.Paul.


Barb is standing in front of a lighthouse quilt of her own creation.
The patterns below are available both wholesale and retail.



Long Arm in the lower level.



The all important - cozy spot to sit!



The 'Up North' selection of bolts.



Creative display for threads.
Did you know you have to dust threads?
I never realized . . .
Probably one of many secrets that shop owners know. ; )


Bayfield Quilt Company
84460 State Highway 13
Bayfield, WI 54814
(715) 779-3095

A must stop when you are way UP North!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit, Jamie! Boy, am I jealous of you - driving around and visiting quilt shops! My new goal in life - when I retire, in about 16 years, I think. Have fun and keep designing those great patterns.

    Barb at Bayfield Quilt Company

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!!! I can't wait to see more! Thank you for posting about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I've seen so much more!!! :) I had no idea this blog existed! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments! It so much fun to get feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bayfield Quilt shop is now in Ashland, WI as the Ashland Area Fabric & Quilt Company on Lake Shore Drive West.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just visited this shop (twice) this past weekend and what a find! Barb is fantastic and her fabric selection is amazing. She also sells "bitty bolts" which are roughly a yard of fabric at half price. Both of those pieces that I bought were over 1.25 yards of wonderful fabric. I just wish that we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for your comments!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin