The final stretch PLUS, every computer owner should know this!




The final stretch of driving. This photo is just coming into Dallas. Rainy on and off all day. I finally get to the convention center in Houston and unload the bulk of my booth sans the quilt and bag samples.

I will set up tomorrow.

I find an RV park about 7 miles away call them and get a spot for the duration.

Tomorrow and the following days I will take a cab to the show and back to the RV park (Actually they call it an RV Resort)

So I get all settled in and am feeling pretty good about all the arrangements. I go to check my email and do a little book work and (pardon my english again but) HOLY CRAP. My computer isn't working. Now I really do need this not just for blogging but for running my business.

I have a MacBook Pro that runs Windows XP (for bookkeeping) the Mac Side works perfectly the Windows side is LOCKED and I can't do a thing with it. So I fool with it for awhile to no avail. Then I call my buddy at the Geek Squad up in Minnesota, he's not working and another Geek Squad guy says they can't help me over the phone. He say's take it to the Best Buy in Houston and gives me the address and phone number.  UUUgggghhhh! I don't have time to do that!

Then just before he hangs up he says," or you could call the Geek Squad main headquarters and see if they will help you over the phone.  So I try it. But before I do I dig out the software from under the seat and in doing so I bump my head, really hard on the cabnet. So picture me now, holding the only frozen thing I could find (Archer Farms Chipotle Adobo Chicken Entree) on my noggin and crying because it hurt and because everything is going wrong!

But, here is the amazing and wonderful thing. After my phone conversation with the guy at 1-800-GEEKSQUAD, I logged in at http://www.geeksquad.com/SUPPORT (write that down) and chose the Geek Squad Guy that I wanted to work with (they have little photos) then with my permission he connected with my computer remotely, via. Log Me In Rescue, took a look at the problem. Then he gave me an estimate. I paid with a credit card. He fixed it lickety split (remotely) while I watched.

Simply amazing! Simply Simple! No driving to Best Buy, just sat in my camper and watched in amazement!

All's well that ends well! Now I am going to sleep, big day tomorrow!

Popular Posts