Weather Delay and a Silver Lining

So I was headed home to Minnesota. Exhausted from van dwelling, trying to find a place to park over night each night, a place to shower, campground full signs, a place to buy organic food, etc. I had driven from Arizona to Colorado when my son texted me the warnings about the high winds and the blizzard ahead. At first I thought if I just keep driving I’ll beat the storms. 

THEN, I saw the first semi trailer on it’s side in the ditch (due to the high winds I am assuming) THEN I saw the second and that’s when I pulled over to figure out plan B. 

We were already too far north and it was too cold for Axel and I to sleep in the van, so I tapped on my Airbnb app and said a little prayer that we’d find something affordable that was available NOW.  Well, heaven helped us and this is what we found. We’ve been holed up here for three days! Still waiting for the blizzard at home to subside. 

The blessing is, I’ve been able to call on quilt shops in Colorado that I wasn’t planning to visit until summer. 

FYI, Here is the Airbnb we found. 








Thanks for being here! Happy trails . . .  

 If you’d like to become one of my sponsors please visit my Patreon page for details.

Popular Posts